Here are just a few helpful hints:
- Spell check/proofread your emails.
- If you can't understand what you wrote in your email, neither will the person who is receiving your email.
- Don't be cutesy or use "text speak" when you write professional emails (save that for personal emails).
- Be careful of your tone used in business/professional emails - sometimes tone can get lost in translation and your words might be construed as sarcastic or angry.
- Don't attach pictures of your dogs or kids along with professional emails (especially if you don't know the person) - this has actually happened to me before (and left me perplexed and wondering...WHY?) It's one thing if you send it to your co-worker but it's another to randomly attach pictures to someone you don't know.