Saturday, May 23, 2009
This year they gave funny American Idol awards for some past contestants from this season, so I thought I'd piggyback on their idea and give my own awards (from this year and past Idol seasons).
1. Most Likely to Star in a Spanish Novella - Tatiana (that chick was so over the top melodramatic and needs to put her hysterical crying to good use - it's called Spanish soap operas!)
2. Hotties From Past Seasons But Who Still Rock My World: Chris Daughtry and David Cook
3. Someone Who Won't Be Winning Any Spelling Bees in the Near Future: Kelly Pickler
4. New Rap Sensation who will star in Bobby Brown's next video: Anoop
5. The Idol Contestant From This Season Who I'd Like To Kick it With: Danny
6. The Most Has-Been "What is he doing now?" Idol from Past Seasons: Ruben
7. Most Likely to Work at a Car Wash: Bikini Girl
8. Worst Actress Award: Fantasia Barino (Just say no to bad Lifetime TV Movies!)
9. Most Likely to Be Ryan Seacrest's Personal Assistant: The Crazy Campy Singer Dude
10. Most Likely to Succeed in the Rock Star World: Alison and Adam
Thursday, May 7, 2009
So is this the new strategy businesses are using to retain customers? The "I really don't give a sh**" strategy? Hmmm, you would think they would step up their customer service so they don't LOSE business.
So what happened? I was waiting in line to be helped and three people who were buying lotto tickets were helped before me. I also noticed that a couple left because they were pissed off because there was no one to help them in the photo department. Also, the lady in front of me was also pissed off because they wouldn't honor her wine club gift card; I heard the entire story and I would have been ticked off as well.
Smaller companies like Long's cannot afford to lose customers, so what gives with the crappy customer service and the old adage: "The customer comes first?" A new Walgreen's just opened and take one guess where I'll be shopping the next time. Sorry Long's - you lost this long time customer and probably a few more as a result of your horrible customer service today. Buh-bye.
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Everyone knows how much I LOVE that crazy lady. For those who haven't been keeping up, Gloria Allred is taking her to court in June. Is this a shocker? I think not. I called that a few months ago. She also has numerous complaints against her with CPS--once again, not a shocker. It's unfortunate that her kids are getting dragged through the proverbial publicity mud. It was also brought out that her autistic son was reported at school last week with a black eye - very sad.
Even more frightening...Octomom wants to trademark "Octomom" in her very own line of diapers and a TV show. Yeah, I want to slap some nappies on a baby's butt with OCTOMOM staring back at me. I'm thinking the Germans might be the only one who'll watch her TV show (kind of like how David Hasselhoff became a singing sensation in Deutschland).
Here's another fun fact: Octomom was also a "one time" stripper. How does that work? I'm assuming she shook her money maker pre-14 babies?
"Creepy clone: The story of Octomom Nadya Suleman just keeps getting worse. The mother of 14 has admitted to being a stripper, "It's true that I was a topless dancer, but that's all. I went to a gentleman's club and performed as a topless dancer. But I only did it one night." But In Touch Weekly reports Suleman used the alias Angelina when she was a dancer for more than a year in her early 20s. Suleman has denied having an obsession with Angelina Jolie, but the similarities tell a different story. All she needs now is her very own Brad Pitt."
The worst story I read concerning Octomom was a Texas company that wants to make an I-phone game where you press on Octomom's tummy and she pops out multiple babies. My flu-ish stomach is turning somersaults at the mere thought.
So I'm thinking Nadya Suleman is all about her babies. She doesn't want to profit in the least from her celebrity status. Nope, not at all. She did turn down a porn film deal so I guess that's something.