Monday, June 1, 2009

Being Present in Your Moments

When I was a little girl, I thought 30 was really old. I turned 37 last week and I had a bit of an early mid-life crisis. No, I didn't start dating a 25 year-old boy toy nor did I buy a Mustang. Instead, I decided to get over my pity party and embrace the abundance and goodness in my life. Instead of moping and eating a pound of chocolate, I went to an amazing woman's spiritual group about re-claiming your feminine power and energy. I had a major breakthrough during the evening and realized, after looking around the room at women who had come a long way in their life, that 37 wasn't a bad number (plus, the sangria I drank on my birthday also helped ring in my 37 years!)

I also went on an amazing hike yesterday which was led by an incredible geologist who was passionate about geology and rocks. I felt like I was in a walking geology class and he volunteered his time to share his love of geology with us.

After these experiences last week, I realize how lucky I am to hike and participate in LIFE! I'm breathing clean air and have the physical capability to walk and hike in the most beautiful area of northern California (the foothills of the Sierra Nevada).

I realized how very lucky I am to have special friends and family in my life and even the DMV screw-up this morning didn't squelch my new lease on life at age 37. I am grateful for the abundance in my life and realize living in the present moment is where I need to be. So if that means I'm 37 and have a few more wrinkles and gravity is hitting certain parts of my body, so be it. Letting go of one's ego is actually a good thing and it's all about releasing the negative blahs and embracing the positive in one's life.

If there is one thing that yoga has taught and continues to teach me: listen to yourself. Whether it's your body or mind, just be present and embrace who you are in this moment.

Ok, Yoga Teachers, I am listening - I'm okay with my present moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment